Double First are now recruiting for a Software Developer within the Development Department.
The position will report to the Software Development Manager, and will be based at the Yeovil office.
The purpose of the role is:
- To develop and maintain Double First’s software products.
- To contribute, as and when required, to the design and specification process.
- To provide technical support to the Customer Support Team as required.
Duties include the following:
- Produce clear, accurate code taking responsibility for the tasks given by the Software Development Manager and working within the timescales agreed.
- Create and maintain clear and accurate SQL within the Software Database(s) using shared code wherever possible.
- Working with the Software Development manager and Analysts, and where appropriate, customers, undertake research and development and contribute to the design and specification of web based products.
- Be involved in supporting the installation process of web based software as directed by the Software Development Manager and Analysts.
- Maintain good communication with your colleagues in the Customer Support Team and provide help with resolving customer support issues to ensure that the terms of the Company’s Service Level Agreement are met.
- Research and share knowledge of new technologies and industry standards to enhance the team’s knowledge and products functionality.
Role Requirements are:
|C# or other .NET Language||Essential|
|MS SQL 2012+||Essential|
|Ability to plan||Essential|
|Ability to prioritise effectively||Essential|
|Knowledge of the Education Sector||Desirable|
|Excellent understanding of IT and Telecommunications technologies||Essential|
|Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, flexibly, under pressure, including a mix of own projects and management||Essential|
|Good team player||Essential|
|Good written and IT literacy and oral communication skills||Essential|
|Knowledge of App development||Desirable|
|Knowledge and experience in financial systems||Desirable|
Wish to apply?
Double First only accepts applicants from agencies that are on its preferred suppliers list. Unsolicited information will not be considered.