Senior Software Tester
Double First are now recruiting for a Senior Software Tester within the Test and Analysis Department.
The position will report to the Product Manager, and will be based at the Yeovil office.
The purpose of the role is to examine the required behaviour against the actual behaviour of all Double First software products, reporting any discrepancies and collaborating with the developers and designers to ensure faults are eliminated.
Duties include the following:
- Perform comprehensive testing on all development work across all Double First products, reporting any defects into the bug tracking system
- Help the support department in all suspected bug investigation, reporting any defects into the bug tracking system.
- Assist the design team, reviewing and contributing to specifications
- Provide internal training when required
- Establish and maintain a high level of knowledge of Double First software
- Ensure all documentation is stored and maintained on the network that is backed up on a nightly bases
Role Requirements are:
|Minimum 5 years software testing experience||Essential|
|A good understanding of the software development process||Essential|
|Strong attention to detail||Essential|
|Good judgment skills|
|Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities||Essential|
|Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines||Essential|
|Flexible and hardworking both independently and in a team environment||Essential|
|Excellent English oral and written communication skills||Essential|
|Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office||Essential|
|Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL||Essential|
|Experience maintaining virtualised architecture such as VMWare||Desirable|
Wish to apply?
Double First only accepts applicants from agencies that are on its preferred suppliers list. Unsolicited information will not be considered.