Careers and vacancies
Continued Company growth demands excellent staff.
Listening to feedback, being open to innovative ideas, and keeping a hand on government and political requirements in education, takes a special team of people.
Our team includes chartered accountants, former teachers and educational administrative staff, all working closely with our highly creative designers and innovative programmers to bring you unequalled software. We recruit in the UK, the Middle East, Singapore and South Africa.
Senior Technical Support Services Consultant
The position will report to the Support Services Manager, Carole Collins, and will be based from the Double First Limited, Yeovil office. The purpose of the role is to lead the technical support team and provide full technical support for customers of Double First Ltd. Duties include:
- Lead and motivate the team to provide Technical Support and assume responsibility for ensuring that all problems are provided with a solution in accordance with company’s Service Level Agreement.
- Undertake performance management in line with company recommended procedures, paying particular attention to the development of skills and delivery of agreed objectives
- Install Double First applications remotely and at client sites in accordance with company policies and the installation documentation produced for each client.
- Ensure that all instances of hosted servers have sufficient data security provision in place including agreed levels of disaster recovery capability.
- Establish and maintain access, configuration and cost records for the hosted element within each school order, ensuring this information is securely stored and available to those who require access.
- Take overall responsibility for the administration of internal systems within Double First to ensure all staff have access to technical resources appropriate for their roles.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues relating to Double First applications and customer environments and escalate to developers as appropriate with full report of testing.
- Provide out of hours on call cover for technical support of hosted environments
|Excellent IT literacy with sound working knowledge of MS Office products including Office 365||Essential|
|Proven experience of working with hosted server technologies primarily AWS but also Azure||Essential|
|Amazon Web Services – Technical Essentials||Desirable on application essential in role|
|Sound working knowledge of networking technologies and the ability to diagnose and resolve connectivity issue between computers.||Essential|
|Proven experience of configuring external access to servers including application of SSL and DNS||Essential|
|Proven experience of configuring remote desktop access including via RDWEB||Desirable on application essential in role|
|Sound working knowledge of an enterprise level relational database product preferably Microsoft SQL Server||Essential|
|Sound working knowledge of webserver technology such as Microsoft IIS||Desirable on application essential in role|
|Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, flexibly, under pressure, including a mix of own projects and management||Essential|
|Excellent customer service abilities and instincts||Essential|
|Ability to recognise, prioritise and escalate issues||Essential|
|Ability to self-motivate and self-manage||Essential|
|Good team worker and leader||Essential|
|Excellent coaching skills||Essential|
|Ability to influence peers and internal staff||Essential|
|Full driving licence and ability to drive cars in the UK and overseas to visit clients as required||Essential|
|Ability to travel overseas as required to visit international clients and company offices||Desirable|
Wish to apply?
Double First Recruitment
Double First only accepts applicants from agencies that are on its preferred suppliers list. Unsolicited information will not be considered.